This post is part of the Tula Pink Sew Along!
For full schedule of guest post quilt pattern reviews, discounts, and prizes, click here!
I used 100% linen for the front (Joann's), and Aurifil 28wt hot pink thread for the stitched design. This project also uses a couple dozen covered buttons. I'd only used covered buttons once or twice before, and it took me a while to locate all those different sizes of buttons! I ended up ordering some of the buttons on etsy, my sizes aren't all correct to what Tula mentions in the instructions.
The button cover kit took a little bit to get used to - the larger sizes are easier to cover than the small ones (but I was still do-able with my 4 yr old helper!)
I think the instructions were great, and very straightforward. I modified the pattern just a bit to use two different fabrics for the pillow backing - simply because I didn't buy enough linen!
The pillow was pretty easy. I'd say it's beginner friendly. I used a "c" shaped tapestry needle to sew those buttons on - it was so much easier than using a straight needle, but it did take some getting used to (use a thimble!). Using that needle was the trickiest part.
I really love how this pillow turned out. It will make a nice decorative touch to my MIL's bed! (shh don't tell her!)